Concord, North Carolina
2K views 11 comments

I have owned an Orthopedic Luxury Firm queen mattress for three months.The middle measures about 13 in while the seamed sides are only 9.5 inches.

Related: Original Mattress Factory - No service

Each end of the mattress starts dropping off about six inches from the end. Being slightly over six ft this leaves my head and feet unsupported. Customer service gave me foam to prop up the edges which did not help. They do not acknowledge any defect.

Same bed in showroom is not curved as much as mine.Only other option is to swap under comfort clause and pay more plus delivery. Picture attached.

Do Not do business with them.

Review about: Orthopedic Luxury Firm.

3.2
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $900
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Original Mattress Factory?

Comments

This is a complete joke.So the Orthopedic Luxury Firm model received a consumer reports best buy for superior DURABILITY and you want to complain about it.

For people who prefer something firmer they have 3 choices, for people that prefer something softer they have 4 choices!I'm not sure however if this is your actual problem as you talk about the "curvature of the bed." If you did five minutes of research you would know tight top mattresses are designed that way.

Bonnie
Canton, Georgia, United States #1054857

My experience was similar, what I tried out on the showroom floor was very, very firm, but the mattress I received was too soft for me and my husband to sleep on.Can't trade it, because it is their only mattress that will work on an adjustable frame.

When I complained they took the mattress back and stretched the fabric on the top and bottom. So it still has lousy support but an uncomfortable stretched top and bottom.

Don't buy from these people.Go to Mattress Firm, you get the same mattress you tried out and their stated return policy is great, though I did not have to use it.

to Bonnie #1056739

Bonnie,

Which Mattress Firm store do you work at?

to Bonnie Santa Ana, California, United States #1187573

Guess its a slow day at Mattress Firm. Please by all means go to Mattress Firm where you can over pay for a one sided mattress with fake box spring. Genius idea.

That mattress is always made that way. It is displayed like that on the showroom floor. Maybe you should of took your time and chose more wisely.

to Anonymous #1053246

Then you are saying that it is not my mattress that is defective, but that it is rather a really bad design flaw and they are All like that. Good to know.

to nccompdoc #1056746

nccompdoc,

That is not a design "flaw"...it is how a tight top mattress is made. If you wanted a flatter sleep surface, you should have bought a pillow top. But then again, the "compdoc" probably wanted to save a few bucks!

Anonymous2

to Anonymous #1056840

Yes I did want to save money and that is what Original Mattress Factory advertises. But bottom line, I could have gotten a good mattress somewhere else for the $900 I spent.

you did not notice this is the showroom before you purchased the set?

to Anonymous #1053247

I went back and examined the floor model and I honestly don't think it is as bad as mine. I sure know to take notice of this potential problem when buying one next time.