2.5
Style and Design

I purchased a queen Orthopedic Luxury Firm mattress and an adjustable bed base. I am a repeat customer.

I have bought and slept on several Orthopedic Extra Firm mattresses; I’m not picky and like a firm mattress. The mattress is a decent value and will last 8+ years. The mattresses are built like tanks. They have large coils (about 1/2 the coil count of other mattresses; 480 vs.

1020 for a queen) and don’t have the subtle pressure adjustment of a mattress with smaller coils. My problem was with buying a mattress with the adjustable bed base (inclines at head and foot). The base is good. The mattress is inflexible and won’t bend with the base.

The mattress would “jump” over the bottom retaining bar every day, and slide off the base and needed to be slid 12” back into place each day. But the mattress is too heavy for one person to do that. The OMF rep came to my home to observe this and then said to give the mattress a few months to loosen up (!!). I had to give up on the mattress and buy a foam mattress from another company to work with the adjustable bed base.

The OMF company would not work with me at all, not even sell me the unusable mattress at their cost.

I spent $2050 for an Queen adjustable bed base, which I kept, and the inflexible mattress, which I donated to charity. That’s the last time I’ll shop there.

Review about: Original Mattress Factory Orthopedic Firm Mattress.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Deceptive sales practice.

Comments

It must be a very slow day at mattress firm Huh

Anniemfuse
to Anonymous #1428833

I'm surprised to see this derogatory comment, implying I am not a legitimate customer but rather a trolling competitor. I made my purchase at the Fairfield store on November 24, 2017.

If you work for OMF, you can look me up in the customer database based on what I purchased.

The Fairfield store has a record of my complaint and the visit by the regional representative that they arranged. If this comment did come from an Original Mattress Factory employee, it does not reflect well on OMF.

to Anniemfuse #1538792

I would argue it probably came from a competitor trying to make the original mattress factory look bad problem is everybody does everything online nowadays nobody actually knows what's real pretty sad state of our world

to Anonymous #1538876

I agree with your comment. It’s hard to find unbiased reviews and there is no real control over whether postings are real or not.

It is pretty sad.

It’s the poor consumer who pays the price, regardless of who is selling. I’m not sure it was worth my time to make the original post and I’m not sure anyone has benefited from it.

to Anonymous #1540813

No, I was also a customer OMF I did not get what I paid for. OMF are a joke, I was told (You bought now live with it). AVOID THEIR JUMK!

to Anniemfuse #1540812