The Original Mattress Factory - Bed of Nails

I hear the same stories everyone else hears. Just sleep on it for 30 days it needs broke in. It's like a new pair of shoes it needs broken in. Yeah sorry as the one lady stated I don't buy uncomfortable shoes just to torture my feet for 30 days just to break them in.

The mattress in the store was soft. This thing they delivered was Cement blocks with a cotton cover. It has so many pressure points that if you sleep on your side your arm will go numb. If I break this in for 30 days I will be crippled for life. I have slept at dive motels with better mattresses than this.

I called the main office just to get some secretary that answered the phone and gave me the same stories you read on here. We bought the Euro Pillow Top. More like the Lowes Cement Block Top with Horse hair from some European Horse.

So then their story is now "Well that is our most softest mattress (god help anyone who buys anything below this because this is not soft in the least) we make. All you can do is buy our Latex Innerspring mattress at a 25 % Restocking fee plus the difference between the two mattresses and pay those and you can have the latex one and the difference would cost you 843.00 more.

Are you kidding me. I would rather sleep outside on the dirt ground before I ever drop another dime in their company. We will be looking for a new mattress and I will dump this on anyone with 50 bucks in their pocket. Next time I will not listen to my cheap wife and research and spend whatever I have to to get a good mattress.

Please do not buy from this Mattress Company. Their Mattress are not the same as in the store. They Will NOT let you take them back due to what they say is a bed bug policy. And give you the run around telling you just give it time to wear in. Horrible Policies and Horrible Mattresses. Save yourself the money and buy cement blocks from Lowes and a piece of foam from Micheal's Craft store and you will have their same mattress.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 35 Yes 35 83 No 83
Had the same issue 15 Yes 15
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 26, 2015 #1012079

I love all the mattress 'experts' who are chiming in, like you know the physics/mechanics of sleep mattresses after researching the Internet. LOL. Precious.
Look at the actual construction of the OMF mattress and ESPECIALLY the springs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you use huge round springs, you are going to have small spots where support is non-existent. Then they actually tie the springs together so if your partner moves or even blinks- your going to feel it.
I REALLY WANT to support OMF, as they are made in the USA. Alas, I cannot....they are just plain awful.

0 1 Reply
Truth only please

Jul 26, 2015 #1012074

I have to second this persons post. I did the same thing. I bought a mattress without doing a lot of research and ended up with this GARBAGE set from original mattress factory. It's like sleeping on a granite mushroom. It's rock hard and you slip off the bed on the edges because it has a 'slope'. Don't believe me? Buy one and find out. Wait. Don't. Seriously. I wouldn't send this mattress to my worst enemy.

0 1 Reply
Feeling groovy in Pottstown

Dec 16, 2013 #759312

You want to sell your mattress for $500?

I'm sure I can get a block of concrete (cement is wet concrete) from Lowes for way less than that, even with the cost of a cover! LOL

Do you deliver for free?

1 4 Reply

Dec 16, 2013 #759031

The mattress you bought is 16" thick and is their softest mattress. Check their website, they have all their information in plain view there and at their stores. Check your facts about the "25% restocking fee" as well because such a thing does not exist.

10 0 Reply
Bonnell Spring Mattress in Mum

Jan 08, 2013 #590758

Thanks for sharing Interesting post.
Great job!! You have a nice site. I will be back alot~ Good luck with all you do!
Bonnell Spring Mattress in Mumbai

0 4 Reply

Dec 26, 2012 #586390

Blame everyone but yourself no sleep.

1 2 Reply

Dec 17, 2013 #760183 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

I do blame myself. I blame myself for not investigating the complaints against You the Original Mattress factory. Obviously this person is someone who is VESTED in the company. Also I will add this for people. DON'T BELIEVE THEIR BED BUG STORY. There is no such law. We got rid of their junkie mattress and replaced it with another company. We went of all places to Costco. They told us if you buy from us there is no problem on bringing the mattress back. Well we did just that. We bought a mattress that we did not like. We brought it back and they gave us our money back. No Questions asked.

We then picked a different mattress and that was a good one. See these guys do not want to give you your money back. They sell junk and they know it. They tell people lies to keep the money. So my advice to everyone is to ask questions FIRST. If they have a no return policy. Then there is a reason for that policy. Most likely they sell junk.

2 3 Reply

Oct 06, 2014 #880910

Another Costco employee! Yeah, I believe you comments!

1 1 Reply
big guy

Dec 05, 2012 #578528

hey smart guy. there is no such thing as an inter spring latex mattress

4 0 Reply

Dec 18, 2013 #760639 Richmond, Virginia

Well there is no such thing as a bed bug law but that is what they told me too. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone. Tell you to have your kids jump on it to break it in. What is it a trampoline? You can call me what you want. Bottom line is your mattresses suck.

2 2 Reply

Oct 07, 2012 #552183

The problem with their mattress is this and I wished I was not in a big hurry cause now I'm stuck with their junk all because of this Bed Bug Law. How nice to have a law in place that lets you keep your customers Money even when they don't deliver the same mattress from the store. It's like selling you a Cadillac and then showing up with a Old Gremlin and saying this is what you ordered Oh well our money now we can't take it back because of the laws.

But if anyone researches this you will find that the Original Mattress factory Queen size has only 480 Springs in it. According to most web sites on mattresses the average Queen Size Mattress should have at least 750 Springs in it. So this is saying that to get the same amount of springs in their mattresses that others do they have to be harder and bigger to make up for that same size.

*** I bet my Struts on my SUV has smaller springs on it than this mattress. 30 days in and the mattress is still as hard as cement. Good thing their mascot is a Spring cause that is all you feel on this mattress is Mr. Spring all night long. I would not wish this *** mattress on my worse enemy. Horrible mattress. 1300.00 for their top of the line Euro Pillow Top Cement Block Mattress.

We talked to a guy from their office. He was nice enough. Tried to help and gave us a piece of foam to put over the pillow top. It's helps a bit. Maybe brings it to a -2 on a scale of 0 to 10. For 1300.00 I
... Show more

2 4 Reply

Jan 10, 2013 #592196

The only cement block here is your head!

4 2 Reply

Sep 18, 2012 #543712

Boy I hope the Original Mattress Factory does me next and tells me "Oh I think you did not get the right mattress." (Yeah heard that one from the lady who answered their phone). Then tell me all the wonderful things that will happen to me after I break my back I mean break in the mattress for 30 days. Hey you know those new Shoes stories. I mean who does not go out and purchase hard to walk in shoes to hurt their feet for 30 days so they can break them in (I mean I know I do NOT!)

Hey Original Mattress Factory tell me the one about the restocking fee of 25 percent and how you will make it all better by taking me from your most comfortable European Pillow (Cement Block Top) Mattress and the difference between what I got ripped off and your Most most Comfortable Latex Inner Spring Mattress and it will only cost me 843.00 more to get ripped off some more! God that story is my favorite I sure hope they come back and tell me that one.

Hey Original Mattress Factory I will spend more money at your store if you buy my Beach front property in Utah. It has a Ocean View! Hey why can't I get in on your sales technique.

2 3 Reply

Aug 06, 2014 #852522

First of all No Sleep (Mr. Competitor), I have been buying mattresses from OMF for over 15 years and I know more about them, better than your uninformed misleading *** behind. The bed bug policy is in place for mine and their company's protection and because OMF does not sell used mattresses anyway. I purchased again 2 weeks ago and was told just that. If you bought one somewhere and they took it back, the likelihood that it was resold are very good. So, good luck with your possibly used mattress, hope it does not have bedbugs. If you did your homework genius you would have found out it is not the number of springs, but the gauge of wire that is more important, look it up. What store were you really in, because OMF does not have a Latex Innersprings Mattress? I only came on here, because a co-worker told me about this site and was considering OMF and I told him I would check it out. I can't believe the number of posts I have read that obviously came from trolls (competitors) and you are by far are the worst. If you do sell mattresses, you are either playing dumb or are truly dumb, go back to mattress school.

4 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Original Mattress Factory. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Original Mattress Factory.
Filing a new complaint about